Born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden, his cinematic work has seen his work with the likes of CARE, Suntrust Foundation and LIDL, among others. Notably, Ström’s 2015 short film “Dear Daddy” for CARE Norway–an organisation championing women’s rights across the globe–went viral, receiving over 400 million views worldwide for its rugged look into the trauma of domestic abuse and sexual assault that is often hiding in plain sight.
What’s more, it was further translated into 10 languages and won several international awards, including:
- A Gold and Silver Lion in Cannes,
- A Grand Prix at the New York Festival,
- A D&AD White Pencil,
- A Silver CLIO Award,
- 2 Grand Prix Awards and 1 Gold Award at the CRESTA Awards,
- 1 Silver and 2 Gold Awards at the London International Awards,
- 1 Gold and 1 Silver Eurobest Award.
Among his series work is the successful comedy series “Torpederna” (2014), for which he created and directed multiple episodes and was praised by watchers and pundits alike. In 2016, the series won the Kristallen award for “Best Comedy Series”.